Real Estate Entities
The Northern California real estate market is varied, complex and dynamic. There is always something changing, whether it is local/municipal regulations, the tax code or the shift in development opportunities and challenges. Our real estate team is comprised of seasoned tax and assurance professionals with incomparable industry expertise, business acumen and technical excellence.
Why Choose Seiler?
- We’ve been working with the Bay Area real estate industry for 60 years. Since our founding, we’ve worked with real estate developers, investors, construction companies, property managers, hospitality groups, commercial and multi-family buildings, lessors, and real estate funds.
- Our team’s expertise extends far beyond compliance. For example, our tax practice has worked on a multitude of complex 1031 transactions. Our assurance team can offer forensic accounting for suspected fraud and advise on partnership and LLC agreements.
- We have a strong reputation of client satisfaction and longevity. A significant portion of our real estate industry business comes from repeat clients who bring us in on new engagements. We consider this the ultimate complement from our clients, as they entrust us with delivering value-added services year over year, project after project.
- Audits of financial statements
- Accounting and tax advisory projects
- Reviews of partnership and LLC agreements
- Federal, state and local tax compliance
- Advice and consultation relative to sale, purchase, lease and financing arrangements
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Assistance with investor relations requirements
- Consultation with clients and legal counsel in structuring 1031 transactions
- Internal control reviews and best practices
- Assistance with forming capitalization polices under the repair regulations
- Forensic accounting and suspected fraud investigations
- Governance, risk management and compliance
- Consideration of cost segregation studies to maximize tax benefits of owning real estate
- IRC Section 199 analysis for real estate developers to gain additional tax deductions
- Consultation on business succession and estate planning for real estate owners