Overview & Responsibilities
The Family Office group provides accounting, consulting, and payroll services to ultra-high net worth individuals and family clients. The services provided range from partnership accounting, financial reporting, cash management, and bill payment, to advising on complex intergenerational wealth strategies.
The Staff Accountant will be an integral part of the Family Office group, providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support to the Family Office Management Team in the service of our clients. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- An understanding of professional services and client service
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently.
Responsible for providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting and administrative services, including but not limited to:
- Accounts payable processing
- Researching and resolving issues or discrepancies with clients’ accounts, bill pay or invoices
- Responding to client requests and inquiries
- Managing vendor relationships, requests, and payments
- Monitoring accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Performing monthly reconciliations of client credit cards and providing reports as needed
- Providing accurate documentation in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Assisting with year-end reporting of 1099s
- Managing charitable contribution letters for annual tax packages
- Handling special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA eligible preferred
- 0 to 3 years of accounting, accounts payable or bookkeeping experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office; QuickBooks experience preferred
- High attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Except where otherwise noted, roles may be located in any of Seiler LLP’s four Bay Area office locations (Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose, or Walnut Creek) or remote from any location in the U.S. (occasional travel to the Bay Area may be required in the future). When our offices re-open widely, hybrid schedules will be available for most positions.
All qualified candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements (please reference “Family Office Staff Accountant” in the subject line) to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Salary Range: $55 – $65K +OT