Ron L. LaVelle, CPA
Ron is the partner in charge of Seiler’s Family Office practice, a team of over 50 professional who provide a range of strategic financial services to more than 65 of the Bay Area’s most affluent and successful entrepreneurs and multi-generational families. He has overseen the practice’s rapid growth in the past several years, resulting in quadrupling the size of the practice, expanding its service offerings and developing a highly scalable service delivery model.
Ron has over 20 years of experience in finance and accounting, having started his career at Ernst & Young and moving on to senior finance roles at companies in a range of industries, including professional sports, green technology, food and beverage and education.
As the head of the Family Office practice, he oversees all functions related to delivering exceptional service to the firm’s clients. He holds expertise in the following disciplines:
- Complex income tax, estate, gift and financial planning for ultra-high-net-worth individuals and multi-generational families
- Tax planning for closely-held corporations and partnerships
- Family-owned business governance
- Multi-generational, ultra-high-net-worth family dynamics and governance
- Internal controls and design and implementation for family offices and private companies
- Acquisition, development and disposition of real estate holdings
- Luxury asset management, such as aircraft and artwork
- Household employee management matters
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Education / Certification
- B.S. in Accounting & Finance, University of California, Berkeley Haas School of Business
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- CFO, Pacheco Company
- Division President, Career Education Corporation
- VP of Finance, CytoSport, Inc.
- CFO, Raiders
- Tax Consultant, Ernst & Young
- Board Member, Guardian Gym
- Former Board Advisor and Scholarship Benefactor, Foster a Dream