Ron L. LaVelle, CPA
Ron is a Certified Public Accountant with more than 25 years of experience in finance and accounting. He is the partner in charge of Seiler’s Family Office practice, a team of over 60 professionals that provides a range of strategic financial services to more than 75 of the Bay Area’s most affluent and successful entrepreneurs and multi-generational families. He holds expertise in the following disciplines:
- Complex income tax, estate, gift, and financial planning for ultra-high-net-worth individuals and multi-generational families
- Tax planning for closely-held corporations and partnerships
- Family-owned business governance
- Multi-generational, ultra-high-net-worth family dynamics and governance
- Internal controls, design and implementation for family offices and private companies
- Acquisition, development and disposition of real estate holdings
- Luxury asset management, such as aircraft and artwork
- Household employee management matters
As the head of Seiler’s Family Office practice, Ron oversees all functions related to delivering exceptional service to the firm’s clients. In the past several years, he has expanded the practice’s service offerings and developed a highly scalable service delivery model, resulting in the practice’s rapid growth in size. Ron is also a member of the firm’s executive governing board.
Ron started his career as a tax consultant at Ernst & Young. Prior to joining Seiler in 2013, he held senior finance roles including serving as the CFO for Pacheco Company, Division President for Career Education Corporation, VP of Finance for CytoSport, Inc., and CFO for the Oakland Raiders.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance, University of California, Berkeley Haas School of Business
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- CFO, Pacheco Company
- Division President, Career Education Corporation
- VP of Finance, CytoSport, Inc.
- CFO, Raiders
- Tax Consultant, Ernst & Young
- Board Member, Guardian Gym
- Former Board Member, Volunteers of America (fka Foster a Dream)