- Prepare federal and state individual tax returns and work papers for high net worth individuals, multi-generational families, and other specialty areas of the firm.
- Recognize the required information from clients’ tax documents and convert it into part of tax work papers.
- Prepare federal tax forms and related schedules.
- Prepare foreign informational tax forms for both domestic and international clients.
- Generate resident and non-resident state tax forms and create reconciliation work papers.
- Communicate with clients to acquire additional tax information and clarify confusions.
- Research on unfamiliar topics by utilizing third-party software, including Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, Bloomberg BNA, etc. Create memos to summarize research result and save in the firm’s system for future use.
- Improve skill in using tax software (Go System RS) and contact vendor to resolve any issues or bugs on the software.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, partnership, trust, and S-Corp tax returns and work papers.
- Record adjusting journal entries (AJE) to adjust client-provided financials to the correct amounts.
- Book tax journal entries to adjust book balance to the tax balance reported on tax returns.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision calculation to generate estimated amounts of deferred tax asset, deferred tax liabilities, and valuation allowance.
- Conduct special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Manage own schedule and job priorities, and communicate status to manager.
- Accomplish objectives by supervising and coaching staff, and organizing and monitoring work processes.
- Plan, monitor, and appraise job results.
- Keep track of schedule by updating the firm-provided Excel spreadsheet and third-party scheduling software (XCM). Maintain thorough understanding of deadlines for different types of tax returns.
- Attend weekly group meetings with operations team to receive updates about required billable hour and communicate scheduling issues.
- Send weekly commitment to the operations team to facilitate timely delivery of each project.
- Keep abreast of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
- Attend firm-provided CPE events covering various topics, including taxations, soft skills, computer software, etc.
- Participate tax update seminars and read newsletters and articles.
- Prepare quarterly estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Calculate federal and state estimated tax payment amounts for clients by utilizing Bloomberg Income Tax Planner and confirm that all payments are made to the corresponding authority in a timely manner.
- Request information, such as paystubs, brokerage statements, and K-1 estimates from clients and make reasonable assumptions when doing the calculations.
- Perform year-end tax planning for high net worth individuals and other specialty areas of the firm.
- Recognize strategies which can help clients decrease tax liabilities.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field and 1 year of experience in job offered or related occupation. Will accept Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in lieu of MS+1.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must reference job code TS-MHN in order to be considered.