We are currently seeking an experienced Litigation Associate / Senior Associate to join our Redwood City or San Francisco office.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Litigation Associate will work for the Litigation practice within the firm. The forensic accounting team serves as either experts or consultants to legal counsel and other clients in family law mediation and arbitration matters, including support analyses, financial tracings, valuations, and division of assets. The Litigation Associate will have frequent interaction with partners and staff and is an integral member of the litigation team.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Prepare asset tracings, support calculations, division of assets, marital standard of living, and discovery assistance for marital dissolutions
- Prepare business valuations for marital dissolution and business litigation matters
- Develop and populate spreadsheet models and/or databases to assist with the analysis of client data
- Perform financial, economic and industry-specific research to support our analyses
- Review and analyze client tax returns, financial statements and other documentation
For 60 years, Seiler has provided advisory, tax and accounting services to some of the world’s most affluent individuals and families, prominent privately-held businesses and impactful non-profit organizations.
Based in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area, we deliver the sophisticated solutions, innovative thinking, global capabilities and highly personalized service our clients require to navigate the complexities of their financial worlds, not only for today but for many years to come.
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best Accounting Firms” in the United States for 13 years and counting
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Top 100 Firm” for 15 years and counting
- Accounting Today’s “Top 100 Firm” for 12 years and counting
- San Francisco Business Times’s and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017”
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Fastest-Growing Firms” of 2016
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Previous Family Law Litigation support and/or Tax Compliance experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft & computer skills
- Strong analytical, written & oral communication skills
- Must be detail and client service oriented
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects
- Ability to work both independently & within a team environment
- Takes ownership of assignments and accepts responsibility of work product
- Must successfully pass a background check