Overview & Responsibilities
The Family Office group provides accounting, consulting, and payroll services to ultra-high net worth individuals and family clients. The services provided range from partnership accounting, financial reporting, cash management, and bill payment, to advising on complex intergenerational wealth strategies.
The Payroll Specialist will be an integral part of the Family Office group providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support to the Family Office Management Team in the service of our clients. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A diverse accounting and payroll background
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently.
Responsible for providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting, payroll, and administrative services including:
- Assist in timely and accurate processing of clients’ payroll
- Review and verify timesheets, wage computations, and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain all payroll and employee records
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax returns
- Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding process for clients’ employees
- Track and reconcile leave balances for clients’ employees
- Respond to requests for information, such as verifications of employment and UI claims
- Assist in preparation of reports for various audits
- Answer employee HR and payroll questions and concerns
- Respond to client requests and inquiries
- Handle special projects as needed for the Family Office management team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred
- 1+ years of payroll processing experience and progressive accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Familiar with payroll processing software, such as Paychex and ADP
- Familiar with Microsoft Office; QuickBooks
- Strong project management and client service skills
- High attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Except where otherwise noted, roles may be located in any of Seiler LLP’s four Bay Area office locations (Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose, or Walnut Creek) or remote from any location in the U.S. (occasional travel to the Bay Area may be required in the future). When our offices re-open widely, hybrid schedules will be available for most positions.
All qualified candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements (please reference “Family Office Payroll Specialist” in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Salary Range: $55 – $65K +OT