For 60 years, Seiler LLP has provided advisory, tax and accounting services to some of the world’s most affluent individuals and families, successful privately-held businesses, and impactful non-profit organizations. Our clients include prominent business, community, and philanthropic leaders, as well as multi-generational high-net-worth families and successful entrepreneurs.
Based in Silicon Valley and San Francisco, we deliver the sophisticated solutions, innovative thinking, global capabilities, and highly personalized service our clients require to navigate the complexities of their financial worlds, not only for today but for many years to come.
- San Francisco Business Times’s and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017”
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Fastest-Growing Firms” of 2016
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best Accounting Firms” in the United States for 13 years and counting
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Top 100 Firm” for 13 years and counting
- Accounting Today’s “Top 100 Firm” for 12 years and counting
Overview & Responsibilities
The Family Office group provides accounting, consulting, and payroll services to ultra-high net worth individuals and family clients. The services provided range from partnership accounting, financial reporting, cash management, and bill payment, to advising on complex intergenerational wealth strategies.
The Senior Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational management of the Family Office group’s payroll clients and growth of the service line. This includes integrating industry best practices into existing processes and/or developing unique methods to improve efficiency, accuracy, and internal controls. The Senior Payroll Manager is responsible for training, managing, and mentoring a strong team. The Senior Payroll Manager is expected to be the face of payroll and HR administration services as it relates to business development, selling and delivering services to new/existing clients.
The Payroll Manager will be an integral part of the Family Office group providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support to the Family Office Management Team in the service of our clients. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- An extensive and diverse accounting and payroll background
- Strong understanding or experience with employee benefits (e.g., health, dental, vision, HSA, commute, retirement/401K, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws
- Expert knowledge of payroll-related tax requirements
- An understanding of professional services and client service
- Experience in managing, training, and mentoring several direct reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently
Responsible for providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting, payroll and administrative services including:
- Evaluate, develop, and maintain operational best practices to ensure the timely and accurate processing of clients’ weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll.
- Supervising, mentoring, and training a team of Family Office Payroll Accountant(s) across multiple offices
- Establish a vision for growth and career path within the payroll service group
- Review and verify time records, wage computations, and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain all payroll and employee records
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax returns
- Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding process for clients’ employees
- Administration of group health benefits for clients’ staff
- Administration of clients’ retirement plans, such as 401(k), Simple IRA, and SEP-IRA
- Prepare accounting journal entries for payroll transactions
- Respond to requests for information, such as verifications of employment and UI claims
- Preparation of reports for management and various audits
- Respond to employee HR and payroll questions and concerns
- Respond to client requests and inquiries
- Managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Handle special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 8+ years of managing a team of payroll accountants, payroll processing experience, and progressive accounting/bookkeeping experience
- 3 plus years of professional services experience preferred
- 5 plus years of supervisory experience
- Team management skills including ability to lead, direct and coach staff
- Ability to build & cultivate strong personal relationships with peers within the firm and the business community
- Expert with payroll processing software, such as Paychex and ADP
- Expert/Intermediate with Microsoft Office; QuickBooks
- Flexibility to travel between all Seiler offices and various client sites
- Strong project management and client service skills
- High attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
All qualified candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements (please reference “Family Office Senior Payroll Manager” and San Francisco in the subject line) to email@example.com for immediate consideration.