For 60 years, Seiler LLP has provided advisory, tax and accounting services to some of the world’s most affluent individuals and families, successful privately-held businesses, and impactful non-profit organizations. Our clients include prominent business, community, and philanthropic leaders, as well as multi-generational high-net-worth families and successful entrepreneurs.
Based in Silicon Valley and San Francisco, we deliver the sophisticated solutions, innovative thinking, global capabilities, and highly personalized service our clients require to navigate the complexities of their financial worlds, not only for today but for many years to come.
- San Francisco Business Times’s and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017”
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Fastest-Growing Firms” of 2016
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best Accounting Firms” in the United States for 13 years and counting
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Top 100 Firm” for 13 years and counting
- Accounting Today’s “Top 100 Firm” for 12 years and counting
The Family Office group provides accounting and consulting services to ultra-high net worth individuals and family clients. The services provided range from partnership accounting, financial reporting, cash management, and bill payment to advising on complex intergenerational wealth strategies.
The Accounting Manager will be an integral part of the Family Office group providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support to the Family Office Management Team in the service of our clients. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- An extensive and diverse accounting and payroll background
- An understanding of professional services and client service
- Experience in managing, training, and mentoring two to three direct reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently.
Responsible for providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting and administrative services, including but not limited to:
- Responsibility for the oversight of full accounting processes, i.e. maintaining/reviewing the general ledger, generating and posting all journal entries in a timely manner, coordinating monthly close, maintaining budgets and reporting on budget to actual, and preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements with related workpapers
- Supervising and reviewing the accounts payable function
- Supervising and mentoring Family Office Staff, General Ledger, and Senior Accountants
- Payroll coordination with clients and the Family Office payroll team
- Managing and reviewing numerous bank, brokerage, and credit card reconciliations
- Performing reconciliations and analysis for balance sheet accounts, including inter-company accounts
- Preparing annual K-1 reconciliations
- Assisting in preparation and review of quarterly and annual tax packages and supporting documents
- Responding to client requests and inquiries
- Managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Handling special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA eligible preferred
- 6 to 9 years of progressive accounting/bookkeeping experience
- 3 plus years of professional services experience preferred
- 3 plus years of supervisory experience
- Team management skills including ability to lead, direct and coach staff
- Ability to build & cultivate strong personal relationships with peers within the firm and the business community
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and QuickBooks
- Strong project management and client service skills
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- High attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
All qualified candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements (please reference “Family Office Senior / Accounting Manager” and either Redwood City or San Francisco in the subject line) to email@example.com for immediate consideration.