Overview & Responsibilities
The Family Office group provides accounting and consulting services to ultra-high net worth individuals and family clients. The services provided range from partnership accounting, financial reporting, cash management, and bill payment to advising on complex intergenerational wealth strategies.
The General Ledger Accountant will be an integral part of the Family Office group providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support to the Family Office Management Team in the service of our clients. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A diverse accounting background
- An understanding of professional services and client service
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently.
Responsible for providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting and administrative services, including but not limited to:
- Assisting team members with the full accounting processes, i.e. maintaining the general ledger, generating and posting all journal entries in a timely manner, coordinating monthly close, maintaining budgets and reporting on budget to actual, and preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements with related workpapers
- Researching and resolving issues or discrepancies with clients’ accounts, bill pay or invoices
- Supervising and reviewing the accounts payable function and Family Office staff members
- Managing and reconciling numerous bank, brokerage, and credit card accounts
- Performing reconciliations and analysis for balance sheet accounts, including inter-company accounts
- Preparing year-end reporting of 1099s
- Assisting in preparation of quarterly and annual tax packages and supporting documents
- Responding to client requests and inquiries
- Handling special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA eligible preferred
- 2 to 5 years of progressive accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; QuickBooks experience preferred
- Strong project management and client service skills
- Familiar with GAAP and financial statements
- High attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
All qualified candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements (please reference “Family Office GL Accountant” and Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose, or Walnut Creek in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.