For more than 50 years, Seiler LLP has provided advisory, tax and accounting services to some of the world’s most affluent individuals, families, privately-held businesses and non-profit organizations. Our clients include prominent business, community and philanthropic leaders, as well as high-net-worth multi-generational families and successful entrepreneurs. Based in Silicon Valley and San Francisco, we deliver the sophisticated solutions, innovative thinking, global capabilities and highly personalized service our clients require to navigate the complexities of their financial worlds, not only for today but for many years to come. Our goal is to exceed our clients’ expectations in every way.
- San Francisco Business Times’ and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017”
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Fastest-Growing Firms” of 2016
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best Accounting Firms” in the United States for 12 years
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Top 100 Firm” for 12 years
- Accounting Today’s “Top 100 Firm” for 10 years
Overview & Responsibilities
The Family Office group provides accounting and consulting services to ultra-high net worth individuals and family clients. The services provided range from partnership accounting, financial reporting, cash management, and bill payment to advising on complex intergenerational wealth strategies.
The Controller will be an integral part of the Family Office group, managing small teams of accountants while providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support for multiple clients. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- An extensive and diverse accounting background, including payroll and partnership accounting
- An understanding of professional services and client service
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently
- Proven experience managing multiple team members, across multiple teams
- Proven ability to train, motivate and mentor staff
The candidate will have expertise in accounting but also be an accomplished manager and leader.
Responsible for providing multiple clients with day-to-day accounting and administrative services, including but not limited to:
- Coordination of all accounting functions for high-net worth individuals/family clients and their investment entities
- Managing, motivating, and leading multiple staff across multiple teams on a daily basis
- Managing the operational, financial, and reporting aspects of each engagement
- Coordinating clients’ accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger entries and maintenance
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of financial statements, account reconciliations, general ledger analysis, and annual audits, where applicable
- Overseeing payroll for clients’ employees as needed
- Developing, enforcing, and evaluating firm accounting policies and procedures in conjunction with clients’ needs. Recommend process improvements.
- Managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Responsible for managing any ad-hoc projects as needed
- Contributing to weekly management meetings to help drive the goals and objectives of the Firm and Practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA license preferred
- 8 plus years accounting experience including 3 plus years as a Controller
- 4 plus years of professional services experience
- 5 plus years managing, leading, training, and motivating multiple staff
- Strong background with fund, management company, and partnership accounting
- Experience with fair value calculations among funds and between classes with different preference rights
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and QuickBooks
- Strong project management and client service skills
- Experience working with high-net-worth individuals
- Tax experience/exposure preferred
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- Ultra-high attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
All qualified candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements (please reference “Family Office Controller” and either Redwood City or San Francisco in the subject line) to: firstname.lastname@example.org immediate consideration.