We are currently seeking a talented Advisory & Assurance Senior/Supervisor.
The Advisory & Assurance Senior will be responsible for a full array of audit and consulting services for our privately held clients in a variety of industries, including but not limited to: investment/private equity, professional services, distribution companies, real estate, and not-for-profit organizations. In this highly visible and responsible role, the Senior will have frequent interaction with Partners, client teams, and staff. The individual will also be expected to demonstrate industry experience, leverage client relationships, and be responsible for the professional development of staff. The Senior must thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess effective time management to meet deliverables with the highest level of professionalism, accountability, integrity, and confidentiality.
Essential responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the engagement Partner, manager, and staff to understand and meet client expectations and deliverables
- Performing and supervising field work for client audits and staff engagement teams
- Prioritizing and successfully completing multiple projects and responsibilities under restrictive deadlines
- Developing an understanding of each client’s business and industry and routinely seeking information regarding client needs and concerns
- Communicating effectively with clients and their staff to provide the highest level of client service
- Keeping up-to-date on applicable audit and accounting professional standards and research software
- Acting as a role model and mentor to new and existing staff by creating a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all project team members
- Being available to work overtime and weekend hours during peak busy periods to meet deadlines as well as Partner and client expectations
- Traveling and commuting to various client sites
- 2-3 years of audit experience in the financial industry preferred (hedge, private equity, venture capital, or other investment funds, broker-dealers, or registered investment advisors)
- If no financial services experience, the candidate MUST have private company, real estate, nonprofit, or private foundation audit experience with a strong track record for learning new and varied industries and possess an interest in financial services audits going forward
- Strong technical background with an ability to deal with complex accounting issues using a thorough understanding of GAAP standards, procedures, and techniques
- At least Level 1 experience with auditing GAAP investments, but ideally, Levels 2 or 3
- Familiarity with internal controls documentation
- Excellent project management skills while paying close attention to detail
- Effective personnel management skills, including being able to effectively supervise, train, and manage team members and/or subordinates
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics with a minimum 3.5 GPA. A lower GPA will only be considered if the school has a strong Accounting program
- CPA preferred, but CPA exams in progress will be acceptable
- Must successfully pass a background check and be authorized to work in the United States
Except where otherwise noted, roles may be located in any of Seiler LLP’s four Bay Area office locations (Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose, or Walnut Creek) or remote from any location in the U.S. (occasional travel to the Bay Area may be required in the future). When our offices re-open widely, hybrid schedules will be available for most positions.
This is a full-time position for a qualified candidate. We offer competitive, comprehensive salary and benefit packages and a positive, fun, and team-oriented working environment! All qualified candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements (please reference “Advisory & Assurance Senior/Supervisor” in the subject line) to email@example.com for immediate consideration.