Overview & Responsibilities
The Advisory & Assurance Manager will be responsible for a full array of audit and consulting services for our privately held company clients in a variety of industries including but not limited to real estate, investment/private equity, professional services, distribution companies, and not-for-profit organizations. In this highly visible and responsible role the manager will assist clients in developing risk assessments, conduct audits, establish internal audit programs, and have frequent interaction with client teams, partners and staff. The role will oversee all responsibilities of the engagement staff while meeting the project deliverables and providing the highest quality of client service and client satisfaction. The individual will also be expected to demonstrate industry experience, leverage client relationships, and be responsible for the professional development of staff. They must thrive in a fast paced environment while effectively managing their time to meet deliverables with the highest level of professionalism and accountability.
Essential job duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assume full responsibility for planning, supervising and completing projects
- Create budgets for each client project and responsible for accurate and timely client billing
- Understand engagement partner expectations of the engagement and deliverables
- Work closely with engagement partner, and staff to meet client expectations and deliverables
- Be able to balance and effectively deliver on multiple projects and job responsibilities under restrictive time constraints
- Communicate effectively with clients and client’s staff to provide the highest quality of client service
- Act as a role model and mentor to new and existing staff by creating a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all project team members
- Perform continuous staff review and appropriate feedback including productivity
- Keep current on applicable audit and accounting professional standards
- Develop an understanding of client’s business and industry and routinely seek information from the client regarding their needs and concerns
- Develop new client contacts and relationship beneficial to the firm
- Proficient with technology related to audit/accounting and research software
- Be able to travel and commute to client sites
- Be able to work overtime and weekend hours during peak busy periods to meet deadlines as well as partner and client expectations
- Must have 5-7 years of progressive audit experience in public accounting serving a variety of industries
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
- Strong accounting background and able to deal with complex accounting issues
- Strong technical knowledge with a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting and audit standards, procedures and techniques
- Experience working with privately held companies, investment/private equity firms, professional services, real estate, distribution, and/or not for profit organizations, medical device, high tech, life sciences a plus
- Must possess effective personnel management skills, including being able to effectively supervise, train and manage team members and/or subordinates.
- Must be committed to best practices of the firm and consistently demonstrate ethical behavior
- Must have excellent project and time management skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Must be able to be flexible in a variety of situations and be a team-player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Licensed CPA required; licensed in state of California preferred
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Except where otherwise noted, roles may be located in any of Seiler LLP’s four Bay Area office locations (Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose, or Walnut Creek) or remote from any location in the U.S. (occasional travel to the Bay Area may be required in the future). When our offices re-open widely, hybrid schedules will be available for most positions.
All qualified candidates should submit their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Advisory & Assurance Manager” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements.