Ruchita Shah, CPA
Ruchita Shah is a Certified Public Accountant with 10 years of experience. She specializes in family law and civil litigation matters. Along with her technical knowledge, Ruchita brings with her a strong work ethic and refined client relationship management skills.
Ruchita has experience with complex family law matters and determination of damages in civil litigation matters, including class-action lawsuits. She has testified as an expert witness and has extensive experience in assisting counsel with:
- Marital dissolution proceedings for high-net-worth individuals
- Marital estate division, including tracing of separate property in assets and identification of undisclosed assets
- Post-separation accounting
- Allocation of stock-based equity compensation
- Real property apportionments
- Analysis of gross cash flow available for support through extensive review and investigation of financial statements
- Business valuations using discount rates, premiums, and complex financial models
- Analysis of pre/post nuptial agreements and collaborate on legal positions and case law applicable
- Civil fraud, damages, and compliance experience class-action lawsuits for fortune 100 companies
- Court hearings and depositions, including preparing related exhibits, direct examination and cross examination questions
- Managing case assignments and communicating with attorneys, opposing forensic accountants, and clients
- Contract and royalty analyses for the film, television, and music industries.
Ruchita joined Seiler in 2021. Prior to that, she worked as a Forensic Litigation Manager at Gursey|Schneider LLP, an Internal Auditor at Corinthian Colleges, Inc., and a Tax Associate at Ernst & Young LLP, where she specialized in international tax restructuring and tax provisions.
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, concentration in Accounting, summa cum laude, California State University, Fullerton
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Qualified as an expert witness, California
- Volunteer, Coastal German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County