Robert Jinkins, CPA
Bob is a Certified Public Accountant with more than 30 years of experience working with private and public companies on domestic and international tax matters. He has worked with start-up and mid-market sized companies as well as Fortune 500 companies.
He holds expertise in the following areas:
- Tax compliance and planning for corporations and partnerships
- Working with private and public companies in the technology, medical devices, wholesale and distribution, professional services, retail, financial services and manufacturing industries
- Working with partnerships, including venture capital firms, private equity firms, and operating business partnerships
- Accounting for income tax (ASC 740, formerly FAS109) and uncertain tax positions (ASC 740-10, formerly FIN 48)
- Multi-state taxation
- M&A consulting, structuring and complex business tax advisory
Bob is an alumnus of Big Four firms and regional firms. While at PricewaterhouseCoopers, he was a contributing author to PwC’s Montgomery’s Auditing Twelfth Edition and was integral in the creation of the firm’s initial accounting for income tax software, as well as other tax technology initiatives. Bob has served as a national and local tax instructor at his prior firms, and has served as an instructor at Golden Gate University’s graduate tax program.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Education / Certification
- Master’s degree in Taxation, Golden Gate University
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, accounting emphasis, San Francisco State University
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Tax Managing Director, BDO USA, LLP
- Tax Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Tax Senior Manager, Rothstein Kass
- Tax Principal, myCFO, Inc.
- Tax Principal, Ernst & Young