Chief Administrative Officer
With over 30 years of professional experience, Marla oversees Seiler’s operations, IT, administrative, and facilities teams, providing day-to-day leadership and management for some 25 people. She is based out of Seiler’s Redwood City headquarters and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Marla began her career in IT as a systems administrator and programmer, working her way up to project manager. She then joined Seiler and shifted her career focus to work more directly with people as learning and development manager.
Marla’s role at Seiler has expanded greatly over time. Some of her key accomplishments include:
- Playing an integral part in building and scaling operations as the firm nearly doubled its revenue over the past decade;
- Helping to open new offices and find new facilities to keep pace with the growth in headcount;
- Overhauling the tax resource allocation processes and software, thereby profoundly increasing transparency and efficiency, as well as strengthening reporting and planning;
- Using her programming background to effectively streamline reporting for firm management; and
- Leading efforts in a number of important areas such as firm infrastructure, expansion, risk management, and strategic planning of tax season management.
Marla has a passion for growing the capabilities of her team and the firm. She serves on several internal leadership groups, such as the San Francisco office’s management committee. Active in her community, she volunteers with the American Legion, as well as the Fisher House Foundation.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s degrees in Business Administration and Computer Science, Notre Dame de Namur University